What is the best 5.1 Converter to buy in 2021?
Are you looking to buy a new 5.1 Converter? You have come to the right place. Today we will introduce some of the best products available on the market.
Setting up a home theatre may not be easy as you must put some effort into connecting all those devices. There could be many wires to arrange, and they can be tangled in an annoying way. You certainly do not want to deal with all that, only to find out that the connection types among devices are not compatible. For those using 5.1 surround audio systems, a 5.1 Converter is just what you need. 5.1 Converter is a small piece of device that can extract audio from a source and convert it into multi-channel audio output compatible with 5.1 audio. The right product is the one that not only can transfer all the best quality from the source to the audio system but also ensures safety among connected devices, as they are connecting to the ones that they are not primarily compatible with. So which converter out there is one of such good products? Let’s dive in and find out now.
The Best 5.1 Converter of September 2021 – Reviews and Top Rated
Rank No. #2
SOUTHSKY 5.1 / 2.1 Audio Rush Digital Sound Decoder Converter,Optical SPDIF, Coaxial to 5.1CH 2.1CH Analog Audio (6RCA Output)
- 【5.1CH &2.1CH DAC】Convert digital optical(Toslink,SPDIF),Coaxial signals to 6 RCA /5.1 channel analog sound surround audio and 2.1 CH (FL,FR,SW) stereo, including LPCM,support Dolby, DTS /AC-3 audio decoder conversion for Home Theater.One key switch 5.1ch and 2.1ch mode;
- 【Multi Interfaces & One Key Switch】2 SPDIF (optical fiber / Toslink) input ports, 1 coaxial and 3.5mm aux input; Output: 6 RCA (FL, FR, SL, SR, CEN, SW); One key to switch the input signal channel.
- 【Signal Input Memory Function】Input signals automatically recovery after restart, no need to switch the button to choose the input signals again or every time,very smart;
- 【LED Indicators】 LED indicators of input signals and operating status,let you easily choose and identify the right input channel;eg,when input is SPDIF-2 port, switch the input button till LED D2 light will be always on(when input is 3.5mm aux port, switch the input button till all LED light off)
- 【Wide Range of Applications】Well surface treatment, mini size,portable,black color; Need to connect to an AV amplifier or receiver to power up your 6 speakers or soundbar and enjoy the shock effect of sound surround.widely used at home, school, square, concert hall, movie theater and other public places, you can enjoy the perfect shock stereo sound surround effect of DTS or Dolby. Compatible with HDTV, Blu-ray DVD, DVD, PlayStation Game Console, PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox360, DM500S, DM800HD etc.
Rank No. #3
DAC Audio Digital to Analog Converter , Digital DTS Channel Decoder 5.1 Audio Converter Optical Fiber Coaxial Sound Adapter for PS3 HD DVD PS4
- High performance: 24-bit audio digital signal processing, 96KHz digital receiver, 24-bit ADC. Supports uncompressed PCM, LPCM for all S/PDIF digital audio transmissions. Large audio decoding chip that decodes DTS / dolby digital audio source code.
- Role: This 5.1 audio sound decoder converter converts coaxial digital audio from a DVD player, cable or satellite receiver to fiber optic input. Rich input interface: fiber, coaxial, analog audio interface, output interface: FL / FR, SL / SR, CEN / SW.
- Premium Materials: Dac converter converts digital fiber or coaxial audio signals into analog RCA L / R and 3.5mm jack audio. Aluminum alloy case, lightweight, durable and heat resistant. Excellent performance, no electromagnetic noise transmission. Easy to install, practical and durable, easy to use.
- Convenience: The compact form factor makes it suitable for installation in almost any location, regardless of space, while still providing lossless audio signals. In addition, digital coaxial or Toslink to RCA converters support plug-and-play installation, saving you time.
- Use range: This audio converter can be used to decode network players, HD video players, DVD, SP3, and other output digital signals, HD DVD, HDTV, home theater, etc., without RCA output (L / R) or 3.5 mm Jack output.
SaleRank No. #4
freneci 1pc 5.1 CH Digital Audio Decoder Coaxial to AC3 DTS Amplifier Analog Converter
- Supports Dolby Digital AC-3, Dolby Pro Logic, DTS, PCM and other digital audio formats decoding, a variety of sound field and the replay results of two listening modes. It will work with different amplifier and speakers to get different sound effects, and it’s easy to connect many entertainment devices with digital optical or coaxial or 3.5mm analog output
- 5.1 Digital Audio Decoder uses 24-bit audio DSP, 96 KHz digital receivers, and 192 KHz/24bit ADC and DAC.
- Converts DTS/AC3 source digital audio to analog 5.1 audio or stereo audio output
- Multiple audio inputs: 2 x SPDIF input, 1 x Coaxial Input, 1 x Stereo
- Converts analog stereo signal to analog 5.1 channel output with digital processing chip
Rank No. #5
SOUTHSKY 5.1CH DAC Converter Audio Decoder Digital Optical Coaxial Toslink to RCA 3.5mm Jack Support Dolby AC-3 DTS 5.1 2.0CH for Xbox PS2,PS3,PS4,TV (SPDIF/Coaxial to 6RCA+3.5mm)
- 【192KHz Auto Decode 】 Build-in high performance RTOS operating system and audio decoder chip,192KHz/24Bit; Support DTS/ Dolby AC-3(LPCM/PCM/RAW).Support MP3,AC3,DTS,WAV,WMA,AAC,ALAC,FLAC,APE,OGG,M4A;
- 【Multiple Interfaces&Automatic Recognize】Digital SPDIF(Toslink/Optical) and Coaxial input ports,6 RCA Cinch channels output(FL, FR, SL, SR, CC, SUB) and 3.5mm stereo headphone port; Automatic recognize the input signal and automatically switch between optical and coaxial channel.
- 【2 Audio Modes Switch&LED Indicator】One key switch for 5.1ch / 2.0 channel output;When you need 5.1CH,please switch on "5.1CH",and make sure your audio source has Dolby or DTS format and correct settings on your devices by “RAW” or "Bitstream".Important Upgrade:By upgrade the products,there is also a LED indicator to check if the signals are 5.1ch or not on the front panel;
- 【Volume Adjustable】 A volume knob control to adjust the output volume,AV Amplifer is still required.NOTE: When you found volume is very low,please double check and ADJUST THE VOLUME BOTH OF your Audio Device and Amplifier.Once one of the volume output from audio device or amplifier is very low or in minimum status,the whole volume would also be very low.
- 【High Compatibility】 Anti-interference, small housing and metal case(Aluminum Alloy Box). Support network player, HDTV, Blu-ray DVD, DVD,DM500S, DM800HD, game player consoles,playstation PS2,PS3, PS4/Pro, Xbox One, connecting to your AV audio amplifier,receiver(such as Yamaha,Logitech), perfect for enjoying digital home theater and sound surround , etc.;
Rank No. #6
Audio DTS Converter, 5.1 CH RCA Digital Fiber-Optic Coaxial to Analog with Coaxial Cable for Vga Monitors, TV Boxes, Power Adapters, 5.1 Audio, Projectors - Black(us)
- Clear conversion: This audio converter can automatically identify the fiber and coaxial input signals after connecting the power supply. The panel design inputs the audio channel indicator to clearly display the input audio format.
- Powerful: This audio decoder can convert optical fiber signals and coaxial digital audio signals into analog audio signal output. Support Dolby AC-3/DTS and so on. Let many families, schools, plazas, concert halls, cinemas and other places enjoy the shock effect brought by DTS or Dolby sound field.
- anti-jamming: aluminum alloy shell, black elegant and noble, full of texture, compact size, easy to carry, audio converter anti-interference. The output is for an RCA interface or a 3.5mm headphone audio port for easy installation.
- Multi-format audio: The audio decoder converts fiber-optic signals and coaxial digital audio signals into analog audio signal outputs. Supports decoding of audio in multiple formats, such as MP3, AC3, DTS, WAV, WMA, AAC, FLAC, APE, OGG, M4A, M3U8, etc. It supports 5.1-channel two-channel output, which is convenient and fast.
- High quality: more durable, gold-plated plug, effective to ensure signal transmission quality and extend the service life, widely used in VGA monitors, TV boxes, power adapters, 5.1 audio, projectors, desktop computers and other electronic equipment.
Rank No. #7
4K HDMI Multi-Channel LPCM Compatible with Dolby AC3 DTS 5.1 Audio Converter
- Premium HDMI multi-channel audio decoder and HDMI audio converter for bit-stream Dolby(AC3), DTS audio and LPCM 5.1 type uncompressed audio. Cost-efficient solution for integrating the new HDMI-based AV equipment with analog amplifier, receiver or homesteader system.
- This HDMI audio converter provides 3 simultaneous digital/analog audio outputs including 6-channel surround RCA outputs, 1 optical audio output and headphone style 3.5mm output for further connection with amplifier/receiver. All digital and analog outputs are available at the same time with real time passage.
- Decodes the LPCM 5.1, Compatible with Dolby or DTS 5.1 audio embedded in HDMI feed into analog surround sound for amp, receiver or powered speakers. Converts Dolby Digital, Dolby 5.1, AC3, DTS 5.1embedded in HDMI feed to optical audio format for further decoding by other DD or DTS decoder. The decoded analog or digital audio output from this device will retain an accurate duplicate of sound for true home cinema experience with rich and vibrant audio.
- Easy EDID dip switch for HDMI output audio format selection so users can switch among 2CH, 5.1CH and external EDID (TV). Ultra high video amplifier bandwidth up to 2.25Gpbs/ 225 MHz to ensure sharp detailed images and fine audio quality. Supports pass-through of deep color, Lip-Sync and 3D information. Supports HDMI input up to 1080P/60Hz with CEC and HDCP pass-through.
- Built with a 24-bit audio DSP with sampling rate up to 192 KHz for accurate bit-for-bit D to A conversion of sound. Supports new 36-bit digital video formats in deep color mode from 25MHz to 225MHz (12 bits/color). Integrated HDMI booster and repeater function helps devices regenerate and equalize their HDMI/DVI output signals to ensure clear signal transmission over longer cable runs.
Rank No. #8
Optical SPDIF Toslink/Coaxial Digital to Analog Audio Decoder Converter with PCM, 5.1 Digital & DTS Support
- Converts Digital, DTS, PCM digital audio (up to 5.1CH) to 2CH analog stereo audio
- Supports digital audio input: Optical SPDIF (Toslink) or Coaxial
- Supports simultaneous RCA L/R and 3.5mm Headphone output
- Support all digital SPDIF audio formats including PCM 32KHz/44.1KHz/48KHz/96KHz, Digital 5.1 and DTS; 24bit spdif incoming bit stream on left and right channels
- Plug and play. Supports US standard power adapter.Note : 1.This item does not support audio 7.1. 2.Please switch the correct channel which you need via press the key "SPDIF/COAXIAL" in the side of the product. 3.You need to push the cable in with a little more force than you're used to. You should hear it "click" in when you've properly made the connection.
SaleRank No. #9
Greatstar Digital to Analog Converter,Digital to Analog Audio Converter,DAC Optical Coax to Analog RCA Audio Adapter,Audio L/R Converter Adapter, with Optical Cable 3.5mm & USB Power Cable
- Digital to Analog Audio Converter:Full metal lightweight body , ensures heat dissipation performance inside. Mini box size , portable and easy to hold in your palm or put in your pocket( not capable of being reversed)
- Converts S/PDIF or Optical (Toslink) to analog R/L Audio signal with selective switch for coaxial or optical input.(5.1 channel is incompatible, please set the audio output to PCM or LPCM）
- Input: S/PDIF x 1, TOSLINK x 1; Output: L/R audio x 1, 3.5mm Audio x 1.Supported sample rates including 32kHz 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz, up to 24-bit resolution on Left and Right Channels
- Input Audio Connector: 1 x Toslink, 1 x RCA (Coaxial); Output Audio Connector: 2 x RCA(R/L), 1 x 3.5mm Jack; Powered by 5.5mm USB Power Cable (Power Adapter is NOT Included); Do Not Use Other Plugs, It Can Only Use 5V 1A Plug
- Easy to Install and Simple to Operate;No extra drive installation matter. Powered by USB Cable.Can be Used for PS3, PS4, X-box, Blu-ray Player, HD DVD, Home Cinema Systems, AV Amps, Etc
Rank No. #10
PROZOR Digital to Analog Audio Converter Support Dolby/DTS Decoder, Optical Out to RCA DAC Decoder, Optical to 3.5mm Converter, Optical/SPDIF/Toslink/Coaxial/DTS/PCM/5.1CH to 2CH Analog Stereo
- Digital to Analog Audio Decoder: Support Dolby DTS Dolby AC3 5.1CH Decoding; Support Optical/SPDIF/Coaxial/Dolby 5.1CH/DTS/PCM2.0 to L/R RCA 2.0CH Analog audio out.
- High-performance Decoding Chip: L/R interface support L/R dual channel analog output; Support 192k_24bit format lossless decoding, basically no volume loss and improve sound quality.
- Good input/output interface ensures good contact and no noise. You may adjust the output volume by 20-level tuning.You can switch optical/coaxial input via dial switch.
- 1xMini USB power Cable; 1xOptical Cable 4.0 (1m);1x3.5mm Jack to 2x RCA Plugs include in package for Prozor DAC with DTS/Dolby Decoder.
- Application: Digital to Analog Audio Converter With DTS/Dolby Decoder widely used with TV, computer, set-top box, PS4, XBOX and other equipment to expand the lossless sound system.
Last update on 2021-07-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The first product on the list is the 4K HDMI Audio Extractor Converter from J-Tech Digital, a well-known brand in this category. This product is mainly used to convert from an HDMI input source to other formats as an output. In fact, it can change audio signals from an HDMI source to multi-channel audio output (SPDIF) for audio extraction. It will work for two-channel analog stereo output as well. There are two audio modes: 2CH and 5.1CH. 2Ch is L/R and SPDIF output, and 5.1CH is SPDIF output. The product is compatible with Dolby Digital and DTS formats, and it also supports HDMI HBR audio pass through at 190kHZ, 10 Bit HDR, and CEC bypass. However, the manufacturer does specify that the product will only pass the digital audio, not decode it for the analog output. Therefore you will need to have your end display compatible with these formats. This audio converter does not support ARC function. The product also supports 4K video resolution so that you can enjoy the most mesmerizing images on your TV as well.
- Supports various formats besides 5.1 audio
- Supports 4K resolution videos
Another product from J-Tech Digital that we will introduce today is the Multi-Functional HDMI Audio Extractor. What is unique about this product is that it can convert from 8 input to 1 HDMI output. Eight inputs include 2 YPbPR/Component video, 1 VGA/3.5mm audio, 3 HDMI, and 2 AV. Remember that it can convert these input formats into 1 HDMI output, not the other way around. You can change these inputs with the remote control provided in the package or manually with a button built on the product. You can use this on your TV, DVD, conference room, or classroom. In terms of the audio formats, this product does support 5.1 surround audio system. Not only that, but it also supports 2CH stereo, 6/7.1/8CH surround audio. Since J-Tech Digital wants this to be the “complete solution,” the video format that this product supports can be anything between 480p and 1080p with 3D. If you worry about this product’s stability, in the long run, there is also a 1-year free replacement warranty provided by J-Tech when you buy this product.
- Support multiple formats that can be useful in many situations
The next product on the list is the 5.1 Audio Console Adapter from SGEYR. This 5.1 Audio Console Adapter is much simpler than the previous product. This product converts stereo RCA plugs into 3x 3.5mm mini-plug jack inputs. There are five connectors in total: 2 RCA female ports and 3 3.5mm jack audio female ports. This product is useful in many circumstances. You can connect a 5.1 surround sound system on your computer to your TV; you can also use it for your game console.
Moreover, with 3.5mm jack audio ports, you can connect your phone to your speakers as well. There will be no signal interference or lag with this product, and the audio quality will be top-notch, ensuring a crystal clear sound for your best experience. The item is a simple and effective solution for your 5.1 sound system.
- Support many devices with a 3.5mm jack or RCA ports
- No lag or signal interference
The last product we are introducing today is the Neoteck 192kHz Digital to Analog Audio Converter. With this product, optical Toslink or coaxial audio can be converted into analog L/R RCA or 3.5mm audio. Unlike many other converters, this product does decode multiple standard audio formats like DTS, Dolby AC3, LPCM, PCM, Dolby/DTS 5.1. It will convert these signals into 2.0CH analog audio output format. Therefore, you do not need to set your TV to PCM format. It can achieve up to 192kHz sampling rate (32kHz minimum). The bit rate is 16-24, and the signal-noise ratio is 120db. There is also a knob on the unit that allows you to adjust the output volume, which is very convenient. You can use this for HDTV, DVD, Network Player, PS3, PS4, etc. The manufacturer encourages that this converter is well compatible with Youtube and Netflix, perfect for your home theatre. If you own a Samsung TV, remember that its external speakers need to be turned on first to use this converter.
- Support multiple popular audio formats
- Decode audio signals so that you do not have to change the TV’s audio format to PCM
- Perfect for Youtube and Netflix
That is our introduction to 5.1 Converter for today. This will be an essential item if you want to leverage the 5.1 surround audio system’s mesmerizing sound experience. Thanks for reading!