What is the best 5.1 Converter to buy in 2021?
Are you looking to buy a new 5.1 Converter? You have come to the right place. Today we will introduce some of the best products available on the market.
Setting up a home theatre may not be easy as you must put some effort into connecting all those devices. There could be many wires to arrange, and they can be tangled in an annoying way. You certainly do not want to deal with all that, only to find out that the connection types among devices are not compatible. For those using 5.1 surround audio systems, a 5.1 Converter is just what you need. 5.1 Converter is a small piece of device that can extract audio from a source and convert it into multi-channel audio output compatible with 5.1 audio. The right product is the one that not only can transfer all the best quality from the source to the audio system but also ensures safety among connected devices, as they are connecting to the ones that they are not primarily compatible with. So which converter out there is one of such good products? Let’s dive in and find out now.
The Best 5.1 Converter of June 2021 – Reviews and Top Rated
SaleRank No. #1
DAC Audio Digital to Analog Converter , Digital DTS Channel Decoder 5.1 Audio Converter Optical Fiber Coaxial Sound Adapter for PS3 HD DVD PS4
- ♠♠♠High performance: 24-bit audio digital signal processing, 96KHz digital receiver, 24-bit ADC. Supports uncompressed PCM, LPCM for all S/PDIF digital audio transmissions. Large audio decoding chip that decodes DTS / dolby digital audio source code.
- ♠♠♠Role: This 5.1 audio sound decoder converter converts coaxial digital audio from a DVD player, cable or satellite receiver to fiber optic input. Rich input interface: fiber, coaxial, analog audio interface, output interface: FL / FR, SL / SR, CEN / SW.
- ♠♠♠Premium Materials: Dac converter converts digital fiber or coaxial audio signals into analog RCA L / R and 3.5mm jack audio. Aluminum alloy case, lightweight, durable and heat resistant. Excellent performance, no electromagnetic noise transmission. Easy to install, practical and durable, easy to use.
- ♠♠♠Convenience: The compact form factor makes it suitable for installation in almost any location, regardless of space, while still providing lossless audio signals. In addition, digital coaxial or Toslink to RCA converters support plug-and-play installation, saving you time.
- ♠♠♠Use range: This audio converter can be used to decode network players, HD video players, DVD, SP3, and other output digital signals, HD DVD, HDTV, home theater, etc., without RCA output (L / R) or 3.5 mm Jack output.
Rank No. #2
HDMI Multi-Channel LPCM Compatible with Dolby AC3 DTS 5.1 Audio Converter
- Premium HDMI multi-channel audio decoder and HDMI audio converter for bit-stream Dolby(AC3), DTS audio and LPCM 5.1 type uncompressed audio. Cost-efficient solution for integrating the new HDMI-based AV equipment with analog amplifier, receiver or homesteader system.
- This HDMI audio converter provides 3 simultaneous digital/analog audio outputs including 6-channel surround RCA outputs, 1 optical audio output and headphone style 3.5mm output for further connection with amplifier/receiver. All digital and analog outputs are available at the same time with real time passage.
- Decodes the LPCM 5.1, Compatible with Dolby or DTS 5.1 audio embedded in HDMI feed into analog surround sound for amp, receiver or powered speakers. Converts Dolby Digital, Dolby 5.1, AC3, DTS 5.1embedded in HDMI feed to optical audio format for further decoding by other DD or DTS decoder. The decoded analog or digital audio output from this device will retain an accurate duplicate of sound for true home cinema experience with rich and vibrant audio.
- Easy EDID dip switch for HDMI output audio format selection so users can switch among 2CH, 5.1CH and external EDID (TV). Ultra high video amplifier bandwidth up to 2.25Gpbs/ 225 MHz to ensure sharp detailed images and fine audio quality. Supports pass-through of deep color, Lip-Sync and 3D information. Supports HDMI input up to 1080P/60Hz with CEC and HDCP pass-through.
- Built with a 24-bit audio DSP with sampling rate up to 192 KHz for accurate bit-for-bit D to A conversion of sound. Supports new 36-bit digital video formats in deep color mode from 25MHz to 225MHz (12 bits/color). Integrated HDMI booster and repeater function helps devices regenerate and equalize their HDMI/DVI output signals to ensure clear signal transmission over longer cable runs.
Rank No. #4
SOUTHSKY 5.1CH DAC Converter Audio Decoder Digital Optical Coaxial Toslink to RCA 3.5mm Jack Support Dolby AC-3 DTS 5.1 2.0CH for Xbox PS2,PS3,PS4,TV (SPDIF/Coaxial to 6RCA+3.5mm)
- 【192KHz Auto Decode 】 Build-in high performance RTOS operating system and audio decoder chip,192KHz/24Bit; Support DTS/ Dolby AC-3(LPCM/PCM/RAW).Support MP3,AC3,DTS,WAV,WMA,AAC,ALAC,FLAC,APE,OGG,M4A;
- 【Multiple Interfaces&Automatic Recognize】Digital SPDIF(Toslink/Optical) and Coaxial input ports,6 RCA Cinch channels output(FL, FR, SL, SR, CC, SUB) and 3.5mm stereo headphone port; Automatic recognize the input signal and automatically switch between optical and coaxial channel.
- 【2 Audio Modes Switch&LED Indicator】One key switch for 5.1ch / 2.0 channel output;When you need 5.1CH,please switch on "5.1CH",and make sure your audio source has Dolby or DTS format and correct settings on your devices by “RAW” or "Bitstream".Important Upgrade:By upgrade the products,there is also a LED indicator to check if the signals are 5.1ch or not on the front panel;
- 【Volume Adjustable】 A volume knob control to adjust the output volume,AV Amplifer is still required.NOTE: When you found volume is very low,please double check and ADJUST THE VOLUME BOTH OF your Audio Device and Amplifier.Once one of the volume output from audio device or amplifier is very low or in minimum status,the whole volume would also be very low.
- 【High Compatibility】 Anti-interference, small housing and metal case(Aluminum Alloy Box). Support network player, HDTV, Blu-ray DVD, DVD,DM500S, DM800HD, game player consoles,playstation PS2,PS3, PS4/Pro, Xbox One, connecting to your AV audio amplifier,receiver(such as Yamaha,Logitech), perfect for enjoying digital home theater and sound surround , etc.;
Rank No. #5
Docooler 5.1 Audio Gear Digital Sound Decoder Audio Converter 3.5mm Audio Output Support for Dolby Digital AC-3 DTS US Plug
- Supports for Dolby Digital AC-3 Dolby Pro Logic, DTS, PCM and other digital audio format source decoding, a variety of sound field and the replay results of two listening modes, 5.1 analog audio output.
- Convert DTS/AC3 source digital audio to analog 5.1 audio or stereo audio output.
- Convert the analog stereo (L/R) signals after digital processing chip into analog 5.1CH output.
- Supports multi-channel audio input, including for 2x Spdif input, 1x Coaxial input, 1x Stereo input and 1x USB.
- Allows to automatically work with different amplifier and speakers, to deliver different sound effects, easy to connect many entertainment devices with optical and coaxial digital signal and analog output signals.
Rank No. #6
freneci 1pc 5.1 CH Digital Audio Decoder Coaxial to AC3 DTS Amplifier Analog Converter
- Supports Dolby Digital AC-3, Dolby Pro Logic, DTS, PCM and other digital audio formats decoding, a variety of sound field and the replay results of two listening modes. It will work with different amplifier and speakers to get different sound effects, and it’s easy to connect many entertainment devices with digital optical or coaxial or 3.5mm analog output
- 5.1 Digital Audio Decoder uses 24-bit audio DSP, 96 KHz digital receivers, and 192 KHz/24bit ADC and DAC.
- Converts DTS/AC3 source digital audio to analog 5.1 audio or stereo audio output
- Multiple audio inputs: 2 x SPDIF input, 1 x Coaxial Input, 1 x Stereo
- Converts analog stereo signal to analog 5.1 channel output with digital processing chip
Rank No. #7
4K HDMI to Optical Audio Converter + HDMI PCM 5.1 7.1 to Analog Surround Decoder
- Extract compressed digital Bitstream audio such as Dolby Digital, AC3 and DTS 5.1/7.1 embedded in HDMI feed and output through its optical audio output for further decoding by downstream device. Supports uncompressed LPCM 7.1, LPCM 5.1 and LPCM 2 channel in analog output through the multi-channel 3.5 output ports. Great digital to analog audio decoder solution for transcoding uncompressed digital LPCM 7.1 or 5.1 channel sound into analog surround format for existing analog amplifier or receiver.
- Supports compressed audio such as Dolby Digital, AC3, DTS 5.1 and LPCM 2CH through optical audio output. Easy EDID dip switch selection so users can easily control their HDMI source to send the desired digital audio format for decoding or conversion. No HDMI output with TV is required when receiving audio at the analog or optical audio output.
- Supports HDMI audio sampling rates up to 192 kHz. Supports optical (S/PDIF) digital audio sampling rates up to 192 kHz. Supports all HDTV resolutions including 480p,576p,720p,1080i,1080p and 4Kx2K. Output resolution follows input.
- Fully compliant with HDMI 1.3, HDCP 1.2 and DVI 1.1 standards. Supports high-bit-rate (HBR) audio. Its built-in repeater function helps devices regenerate and equalize the HDMI/DVI output signal to be same with sharp detailed images with original audio sound quality.
SaleRank No. #9
Orei DA50 DTS/AC-3 Digital to 5.1 Analog Audio Decoder
- Connect to home theater or a 5.1-channel power amplifier (FL/FR if 2.1 channel). USB output: Supply 5V power to 5.1 Channel Headphone.
- The analog stereo (L/R) signals after digital processing chip handle convert it to analog 5.1 channel output
- Multi-Channel audio input (SPDIF , Coaxial, Stereo) 2 x SPDIF input, 1 x Coaxial Input, 1 x Stereo
- Signal to Noise: 120db Degree of Separation: 85db Frequency Response: (20Hz ~ 20 KHz) +/- 0.5db Max Output Volt: 2.2V
- Easy to connect many entertainment devices which with optical and coaxial digital signal and analog output signals (such as: set-top boxes, HD players, Blu-ray DVD, PS2, PS3, XBOX360)
Rank No. #10
SOUTHSKY 5.1 / 2.1 Audio Rush Digital Sound Decoder Converter,Optical SPDIF, Coaxial to 5.1CH 2.1CH Analog Audio (6RCA Output)
- 【5.1CH &2.1CH DAC】Convert digital optical(Toslink,SPDIF),Coaxial signals to 6 RCA /5.1 channel analog sound surround audio and 2.1 CH (FL,FR,SW) stereo, including LPCM,support Dolby, DTS /AC-3 audio decoder conversion for Home Theater.One key switch 5.1ch and 2.1ch mode;
- 【Multi Interfaces & One Key Switch】2 SPDIF (optical fiber / Toslink) input ports, 1 coaxial and 3.5mm aux input; Output: 6 RCA (FL, FR, SL, SR, CEN, SW); One key to switch the input signal channel.
- 【Signal Input Memory Function】Input signals automatically recovery after restart, no need to switch the button to choose the input signals again or every time,very smart;
- 【LED Indicators】 LED indicators of input signals and operating status,let you easily choose and identify the right input channel;eg,when input is SPDIF-2 port, switch the input button till LED D2 light will be always on(when input is 3.5mm aux port, switch the input button till all LED light off)
- 【Wide Range of Applications】Well surface treatment, mini size,portable,black color; Need to connect to an AV amplifier or receiver to power up your 6 speakers or soundbar and enjoy the shock effect of sound surround.widely used at home, school, square, concert hall, movie theater and other public places, you can enjoy the perfect shock stereo sound surround effect of DTS or Dolby. Compatible with HDTV, Blu-ray DVD, DVD, PlayStation Game Console, PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox360, DM500S, DM800HD etc.
Last update on 2021-06-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The first product on the list is the 4K HDMI Audio Extractor Converter from J-Tech Digital, a well-known brand in this category. This product is mainly used to convert from an HDMI input source to other formats as an output. In fact, it can change audio signals from an HDMI source to multi-channel audio output (SPDIF) for audio extraction. It will work for two-channel analog stereo output as well. There are two audio modes: 2CH and 5.1CH. 2Ch is L/R and SPDIF output, and 5.1CH is SPDIF output. The product is compatible with Dolby Digital and DTS formats, and it also supports HDMI HBR audio pass through at 190kHZ, 10 Bit HDR, and CEC bypass. However, the manufacturer does specify that the product will only pass the digital audio, not decode it for the analog output. Therefore you will need to have your end display compatible with these formats. This audio converter does not support ARC function. The product also supports 4K video resolution so that you can enjoy the most mesmerizing images on your TV as well.
- Supports various formats besides 5.1 audio
- Supports 4K resolution videos
Another product from J-Tech Digital that we will introduce today is the Multi-Functional HDMI Audio Extractor. What is unique about this product is that it can convert from 8 input to 1 HDMI output. Eight inputs include 2 YPbPR/Component video, 1 VGA/3.5mm audio, 3 HDMI, and 2 AV. Remember that it can convert these input formats into 1 HDMI output, not the other way around. You can change these inputs with the remote control provided in the package or manually with a button built on the product. You can use this on your TV, DVD, conference room, or classroom. In terms of the audio formats, this product does support 5.1 surround audio system. Not only that, but it also supports 2CH stereo, 6/7.1/8CH surround audio. Since J-Tech Digital wants this to be the “complete solution,” the video format that this product supports can be anything between 480p and 1080p with 3D. If you worry about this product’s stability, in the long run, there is also a 1-year free replacement warranty provided by J-Tech when you buy this product.
- Support multiple formats that can be useful in many situations
The next product on the list is the 5.1 Audio Console Adapter from SGEYR. This 5.1 Audio Console Adapter is much simpler than the previous product. This product converts stereo RCA plugs into 3x 3.5mm mini-plug jack inputs. There are five connectors in total: 2 RCA female ports and 3 3.5mm jack audio female ports. This product is useful in many circumstances. You can connect a 5.1 surround sound system on your computer to your TV; you can also use it for your game console.
Moreover, with 3.5mm jack audio ports, you can connect your phone to your speakers as well. There will be no signal interference or lag with this product, and the audio quality will be top-notch, ensuring a crystal clear sound for your best experience. The item is a simple and effective solution for your 5.1 sound system.
- Support many devices with a 3.5mm jack or RCA ports
- No lag or signal interference
The last product we are introducing today is the Neoteck 192kHz Digital to Analog Audio Converter. With this product, optical Toslink or coaxial audio can be converted into analog L/R RCA or 3.5mm audio. Unlike many other converters, this product does decode multiple standard audio formats like DTS, Dolby AC3, LPCM, PCM, Dolby/DTS 5.1. It will convert these signals into 2.0CH analog audio output format. Therefore, you do not need to set your TV to PCM format. It can achieve up to 192kHz sampling rate (32kHz minimum). The bit rate is 16-24, and the signal-noise ratio is 120db. There is also a knob on the unit that allows you to adjust the output volume, which is very convenient. You can use this for HDTV, DVD, Network Player, PS3, PS4, etc. The manufacturer encourages that this converter is well compatible with Youtube and Netflix, perfect for your home theatre. If you own a Samsung TV, remember that its external speakers need to be turned on first to use this converter.
- Support multiple popular audio formats
- Decode audio signals so that you do not have to change the TV’s audio format to PCM
- Perfect for Youtube and Netflix
That is our introduction to 5.1 Converter for today. This will be an essential item if you want to leverage the 5.1 surround audio system’s mesmerizing sound experience. Thanks for reading!